Barefoot Cay Resort Roatan, Honduras
Located on the south shore of Roatan, is the town of French Harbour. Barefoot Cay is one bead of a necklace of cays between French Harbour and Brick Bay to the west. Situated between the reef entrances of French Harbour and Brick Bay, Barefoot Cay is 1.2 miles west of French Harbour. Barefoot Cay Resort has beachfront accommodations and amenities such as the dining service and pool on the cay, and additional amenities of dive shop, spa rooms, and retail shop, as well as our oceanview loft accommodations on the other side of the channel in the Barefoot Divers building. Boats and yachts with up to a 9 foot draft can travel through the 75-foot-wide channel that separates the island of Roatan and Barefoot Cay, and dock at our full-service luxury marina. Barefoot Cay Resort offers a range of accommodation options to suit your needs and budget. ScubaDiveDestinations.com is proud to offer Barefoot Cay’s All Inclusive Stay and Dive Packages to our customers.
Please fill out the contact form on the right hand side if you are interested in staying at Barefoot Cay Resort and would like to earn ScubaPoints for your stay!
Barefoot Divers Roatan, Honduras
Barefoot Divers is a PADI accredited 5 Star Instructor Development Center (IDC) with two great locations. The first is located on the south side of Roatan at Barefoot Cay. This is where the luxury resort is also located. The second dive shop is located on the north side of the island at beautiful Palmetto Bay Plantation. With Roatan being surrounded by the world’s second largest barrier reef, Roatan is a divers dream come true. There are hundreds of dive sites that our experienced staff would love to take you to. We will take care of all of your diving needs.
Please fill in the form on the right hand side if you are interested in getting more information on this resort! For this resort, your ScubaPoints will be awarded manually to your account after your travel is complete. To be eligible for the ScubaPoints you must fill out the form on the right.
Please note: Package pricing is per person based on double occupancy in a bungalow, partial villa, or studio loft; quadruple occupancy in a villa or loft suite. For single supplement, please inquire. Package pricing is available only at the time of booking. Meals are breakfast, lunch, and dinner; included beverages are water, coffee, iced tea, and lemonade at meal times only (outside of meal times, additional charges apply). Bottled soft drinks, alcoholic beverages are extra. Components of the package cannot be substituted. Any unused components of the package are non-refundable and have no credit value. For dives that are cancelled by dive staff due to weather, either a pro-rated credit or a refund will be issued to the guest.
All accommodations and packages include:
- Airport welcome and transportation to and from Barefoot Cay/Barefoot Divers
- Tropical rum smoothie welcome drink
- Non-smoking accommodations
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Daily housekeeping service
- L’Occitane shampoo, conditioner, and soap
- coffee/tea packs
- Cable TV/DVD – Extensive DVD library
- Cell phone for your use with 15 minutes of free calling time for local or international calls
- High speed internet in your lodging
- Pool gazebo, sun pavilion with padded lounge chairs
- Lookout Lounge with DirectTV
- Swimming pool – 50’ long T-shape with whirlpool jets
- Beach and 260’ dock with palapa
- Transportation to/from the cay across the channel at any time
- Free snorkeling gear (snorkel, mask, and fins)
- Excellent snorkeling inside the reef wall – 2 sunken boats to explore
- Free use of kayaks and pedal boat
- Barefoot Divers – a PADI 5-Star Dive Center onsite
Packages with lodging and meals also include:
- Accommodations for 7 nights
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, and coffee, iced tea, and lemonade with meals
Dive Packages Include all package amenities Plus:
- 10 dives on days of your choice, including one excursion dive
- Valet diving service: “we do the work, you have the fun”
- Tanks and weights (Nitrox extra)
- Fruit and water on the dive boat
- Barefoot Divers log book
Not included in any pricing or packages:
- 16% Honduran sales and hotel tax
- Bar beverages or bottled soft drinks
- Between-meal snacks
- Marine park fee ($10 per person for all divers and snorkelers going on dive boat)
Details and Policies
Prices are listed in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice. Airport transfers are from the Roatan airport (RTB) or the ferry dock, between the hours of 7:30 am and 6pm. For transfers outside of these times, or for a transfer to another resort, a taxi can be arranged for an additional fee. Specials cannot be combined. Choose from a king size bed or two extra-long twin beds in one-bedroom bungalows and in the loft studios and suites. Two-bedroom villas have two queen beds in each bedroom (4 per villa). Twin rollaway beds or a queen size air bed are available for additional guests. Honduran sales/hotel taxes that total 16% must be added to the room rate. 12% Honduran sales tax is added to all other purchases and taxable services. There is a 3% handling charge for PayPal payments, and a $15 charge for wire transfers. With a credit card guarantee, funds may be mailed to a U.S. bank.
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a reservation. Full payment is due 60 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 60 days or more prior to arrival are entitled to a full refund; cancellations 30 to 60 days prior to arrival are entitled to a 50% refund–both minus a service fee of $100 per person and minus any fee paid for non-check or cash transactions. Cancellations 30 days or fewer prior to arrival are non-refundable, non-transferable, and have no credit value. A date change to a reservation is treated as a cancellation and rebooking. Credit for the re-booking shall be given in the same terms as the refund stated above. Date changes made within 30 days of arrival will not have a credit applied to the new booking. Prices on unconfirmed reservations are subject to change at any time without notice. We recommend that you insure against unforeseen circumstances that could necessitate partial or full cancellation of your reservation.
Travel and Diving Insurance
Insurance for travel is highly recommended. Divers Alert Network (DAN) offers travel insurance covering trip cancellation/interruption/delay, missed connections, baggage delays/loss, and medical expenses. Coverage for diving equipment and dive accidents is also available.